Civil/Geotechnical Engineers / Bowen basin / flex travel arrangements
BMA is currently hiring Engineers who are interested in strategically positioning your career into a fast growing field of engineering to specialise in Dams/ Tailings management at a site level with our operations here in the Bowen Basin. You can come from a background in Geotechnical, Civil, Mining, or Environmental Engineering, earth sciences such as Hydrology, Geological.
We are committed to flexible work practices, professional development, and supporting a diverse workforce.
As the Engineer Specialist, you will provide technical governance and oversight on the operation, maintenance, and surveillance of the water storage, tailings facility, and levee structures on a BMA operational site.
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
Why you want to join BMA?
- Direct interaction with site senior leadership influencing from the ground up;
- Lead the establishment, embedment & governance of the Dam Engineering;
- Govern work from planning & field investigations on tailings & water structures;
- Undertake In field dam integrity inspections & instrumentation monitoring, & experience the validation of technical desktop work;
- Opportunity to undertake risk management activities, control ownership, critical control verifications, & control effectiveness tests for managing our water & tailings facilities;
- Working with industry recognised Engineer of Record teams & tailings consultants;
- Utilise your ability to problem solve & take action;
- Take your stakeholder communicationinterpersonal skills & the ability to adapt to target audience to the next level;
- Have the ability and want to continuously learn & develop in the dam management field; and
- Able to work in field & undertake field work in conjunction with technical understanding.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work across the portfolio of storage facilities throughout the Bowen Basin & interact with tailings professionals across BHP globally.
Come and be part of the BHP journey!!
Please note this position is based at one of our Bowen Basin operational sites, with a range of flexible travel arrangements on offer and flexible work options available.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
You must sign in to apply for this position.