Engineer Reliability – Mechanical | Hay Point
BHP Alliance (BMA) is Australia’s largest coal producer with various operational mine sites in the Bowen Basin and a world class coal loading port at the Hay Point Coal Terminal. As the world’s largest seaborne coking coal supplier, and part of the BHP group, BMA is uniquely positioned to offer experience and career development opportunities difficult to find elsewhere. Come and be part of the success!
About Hay Point
Hay Point Coal Terminal is one of the largest coal export ports in the world and is located 40 kilometres south of Mackay. BMA coal mines are linked to the port through an integrated rail-port network. The port is a highly efficient and sophisticated operation involving rail in-loading facilities, onshore stockpile yards, stacker reclaimers, surge bins, offshore structures and shiploaders.
About the Role
Reporting to the Superintendent Reliability Engineering, you will be part of a team of Reliability Engineers and Specialists who drive the maintenance performance and benchmarking through defect elimination, continuous improvement, strategy and reliability fundamentals.
This role will see you as part of a cohesive and supportive team, working to achieve common goals within a dynamic working environment. In this role you will build strong working relationships with key stakeholders across the business to enable delivery of wider reliability improvements and the elimination of defects across the port and rail operation.
This opportunity is being offered at our Hay Point Terminal on a site-based roster, with a residential coastal lifestyle based in Mackay or surrounds.
In this role you will:
- Build business partnerships and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders across the business
- Perform detailed analysis of condition monitoring data, initiate maintenance strategies and changes to mitigate emerging business risks
- Support the development of operating standards, procedures and work instructions (operational and maintenance)
- Analyse life of plant, equipment, infrastructure to determine equipment capability and optimisation of maintenance activities
- Develop and optimise maintenance strategies that enable plant safety, reliability and performance to be maximised
- Ensure RCAs for equipment failures are conducted and imported into APM. Proactive root cause analysis and “failure type” reviews
- Develop the portfolio of the maintenance function improvement initiatives, collaborating with other departments to deliver.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required to support cross-departmental engagement and effective communication throughout multiple levels of the business
- Ability to collaborate and foster an inclusive work environment
Qualification in mechanical engineering or trade equivalent
- Relevant reliability and asset management experience within heavy mobile or fixed plant equipment environment
- Proficient in defect elimination and root cause analysis coupled with analytical problem solving skills
- Experience with SAP and Asset Management Software
- Experience in application of change and risk management principles to all facets of work
About our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
BHP also requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people (from the 31st of January 2022 or earlier depending on relevant state health directives). If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this new requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce. For further information please see our website (LINK)
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options; a generous paid parental leave policy; other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
You must sign in to apply for this position.