Supervisor Projects | Caval Ridge (12 month fixed-term)
About the Role
As a member of the Modifications and Operational Projects (MOPs) team you will be accountable for the delivery of projects across our Caval Ridge site.
This role is based at our Caval Ridge Mine Site and offers flexibility for a variety of residential or commute options and rosters can be either 4/4/4/2 or 4/3.
In this role you will:
- Demonstrate a commitment to safety by actively engaging in the BHP Field Leadership program
Mobilising, overseeing and coordinating allocated project personnel (including contractors), to ensure all tasks are executed in a safe and efficient manner
- Monitoring and reporting actual work completion against scheduled plan
- Act as primary point of contact during execution with all operations and interfaces, including the reporting and management of safety issues, incidents and hazards
- Ensuring all safety, compliance and construction documents are updated and archived to ensure a sustainable outcome
- Regularly liaise with other project teams and operational functions across Coal to provide sharing of knowledge and aid continual improvement in project delivery
- Provide Day‐to‐day on‐site supervision of contractor and sub‐contractor groups to ensure that technical and quality standards are achieved safely
- Monitor planned site progress and contractor resource capability and capacity and ensure execution plan is being followed.
- Positively engage and liaise with Project Engineers and Engineering to resolve technical queries/ design inconsistencies
- Qualified in Electrical or an aligned trade/discipline
- Understanding of project management and deliverables
- A proactive, self-driven team player who operates with honesty and integrity
- Experienced in mining and minerals processing, or other similar heavy industrial sectors.
- Ability to manage internal stakeholders and external consultants and contractors
- Risk management and hazard identification processes with a proven record of safety leadership in the field
- Good time management skills with an ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent stakeholder engagement, negotiating and influencing abilities and confidence with internal stakeholders and external consultants and contractors
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
BHP Alliance (BMA) is Australia's largest coal producer with various operational mine sites in the Bowen Basin and a world class coal loading port at the Hay Point Coal Terminal, near Mackay in Central Queensland. As the world's largest seaborne coking coal supplier, and part of the BHP group, BMA is uniquely positioned to offer experience and career development opportunities difficult to find elsewhere.
You must sign in to apply for this position.