Instrument, Control, Communications, & Electrical Engineer
Design & Build
The position provides ICCE Engineering support, subject matter expertise and leadership capabilities for Future Fuels Projects through Concept Select, FEED, Detailed Design, Construction and Commissioning. Activities include development and review of standards and design criteria, development of Basis of Design, mechanical engineering calculations and design development and assurance of third-party activities.
The role requires the building and maintaining of exceptional relationships with internal and external parties including suppliers, vendors, engineering partners, technical authorities and consultants.
- Interface with equipment vendors and engineering consultancies as owners ICCE engineering representative.
- Develop the Internal Standards and Design Criteria to safely deliver Future Fuels Projects
- Implement the Future Fuel's engineering assurance plan that assures the technical design and build performance for Future Fuels facilities.
- Develop scopes of work for third party assurance activities to be undertaken for critical activities in line with the Future Fuel's assurance plan.
- Develop scopes of work for procurement of services and equipment
- Ensure that lessons learned from Origin’s projects have been applied to all design.
- Drive inherently safe designs to ensure that we will build and operate safe facilities
- Drives value engineering for all projects
- Ensure that the engineering and handover process to Operations aligns with Integrated Gas Core Processes, including, but not limited to, Deliver Projects, Manage Assets and Gain Access
- Undertake ICCE engineering calculations and activities to support the Future Fuels business.
- Review of ICCE engineering deliverables
- Coach, mentor and oversee the performance of more junior members of the project team, including delegation of activities as required to deliver project outcomes
- Deliver clear and concise communications to engineering teams and internal and external stakeholders to ensure the cadence and project outcomes are achieved.
- Support the Implementation of AVEVA and CAD tools for engineering data for Future Fuels.
- Lead/Support facility commissioning and start-ups.
- Develop exceptional hydrogen skills in the Hydrogen engineering team and greater Origin community.
- Domestic and International travel may be required during the design and build of the Future Fuels Projects.
- Tertiary qualifications in electrical engineering complemented by senior level experience (10-15 years) in engineering in an oil and gas, hydrocarbon or petrochemical environment.
- RPEQ or equivalent in electrical, Information, telecommunication and electronics engineering
- Technical Authority (TA2) or the ability to attain within 12 months of commencing in the role.
- Sound knowledge and experience in Hazardous areas, Functional Safety, High Voltage, DC systems and Control Systems.
- A strong commitment to safety, governance and compliance
- Outstanding stakeholder management skills in complex environments
- Motivated self-starter able to execute in ambiguous environments
- Ability to apply critical thinking and confidence to challenge and communicate ideas and concerns.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake independent assurance activities of Internal and consultant processes, calculations and activities.
- Plan and co-ordinate with Operations and Maintenance to ensure that operational readiness requirements are met in line with the Manage Assets process.
- In depth knowledge of local legislation, regulations, standards and HSE requirements
- In depth knowledge of the regulatory environment, codes and standards applicable to the design, build and operation of hydrogen facilities.
- Committed to collaboration and team work.
A purpose-led, values driven organisation. Their purpose of getting energy right for their customers, community and planet is what they stand for and why they exist. Their 5 values and behaviours for each guide their decisions and actions. They are part of everything they do.
You must sign in to apply for this position.