From Country Kid to Executive Chair & everything in between
Tamika Smith, the Top 100 Women Founder and Executive Chair sat down with Shaun McCambridge, Managing Director of Stellar Recruitment, earlier this month for the latest podcast in the Stellar Podcast Series.
She shared her experiences and journey to becoming an inspirational individual and entrepreneur who has created two fast-growing companies and is also driven by a strong purpose.
Listen to the podcast here on one of your favourite platforms:
Covered in the podcast:
- How hurdles and adversity have been turned into opportunities including a bout of chronic fatigue
- How she has used journaling and daily reflection to increase her consciousness about what’s working well, and what needs to be worked on
- How she is shining a light on woman globally and assisting with social housing initiatives
- What attributes took her to become Metricon’s No 1 salesperson at a very young age
- Moving her drivers from Fear to Love
- Advice for my young 9 year old daughter Sophie
- How she has grown herself as a person
- What daily habits she practices to get the most out of herself
- There is no surprise that Tamika become the Gold Coast Business Woman of the Year in 2017 and become a finalist in 2018 for the Australian Construction awards for “woman in construction”. Tamika is driven, inspirational and committed to leaving a positive legacy and I’m sure that she will continue to achieve great things in the future.
Books discussed in the episode:
- Tools OF Titans – Tim Ferris
- The Rise and Rise of Kerry Packer– Paul Barry
- Power of Love
- Tom Hopkins’ Low Profile Selling: Act Like a Lamb : Sell Like a Lion – Tom Hopkins