The $100M development adjacent to Adelaide’s famed Markets precinct is a revolutionary mix of services in one tower, including the not-for-profit’s first retirement village, which takes up the top six floors.
Chief Executive Simon Schrapel (Uniting Communities) explained the objective was to have a genuine community that can – and should – accommodate everyone.
The tower includes:
- 41 retirement village apartments
- 21 purpose-built disability apartments (1 to 2 bedrooms)
- a short stay hotel for people living with a disability (18 apartments: 1 to 3 bedrooms)
- 2500 m² of commercial office space now let to the law firm Finlaysons
- 200 seat conference facility
- bars, coffee shops, delicatessen
The building is Green Star Six rated.
Village apartment sales are ahead of schedule with 24 of 41 committed, at prices of $400,000 for one bed to around $850,000 for three bedrooms.
Schrapel tells us the success of the development means they are positively assessing developing a similar block immediately next door.
Source: The Weekly Source