At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the role
We are seeking diverse and talented 1st year applications for our 2021 Apprenticeship Program across BMA Queensland and BHP New South Wales Operations. For commencement in early 2021, we are offering a number of residential positions available in Moranbah, Dysart, Blackwater, Hay Point, and Muswellbrook.
This is an outstanding opportunity for both school leavers and mature aged candidates to develop a dynamic and fulfilling career. The program is delivered to develop cultured, engaged, highly skilled and work ready apprentices to the business, via structured practical and theoretical training competencies.
On completion of your 4 year apprenticeship, you will have earned a trade qualification that is recognised globally.
- Nationally Accredited trades Certificates being offered may include:
- Automotive Electrical (Certificate III in Automotive Electrical Technology)
- Electrical (Certificate III in Electro Technology Electrician)
- Diesel Fitting (Certificate III in Mobile Plant Technology)
- Mechanical Fitting (Certificate III in Engineering – Mechanical Trade)
- Boilermaking (Certificate III in Engineering Fabrication Trade – Boiler Making/Welding)
- Refrigeration Mechanic (Certificate III in Air-conditioning and Refrigeration)
- Plumbing (Certificate III in Plumbing)
These opportunities are available for enthusiastic and motivated individuals wanting to obtain a trade and embark on a career within in the mining industry, this is a chance to be apart of something big!
We are eager to engage with people who have a genuine interest their chosen trade and come from a diverse range of backgrounds. We are looking for individuals that are adaptable, positive, and open to exploring the world of mining whilst learning something they have a demonstrated passion for.
As residential roles, apprentices will be required to live within in a safe distance from our Mine sites aligned with our Fatigue Management policies. Please note accommodation and travel is not provided for these positions.
The ideal candidate we are seeking will:
- Demonstrated interest in their chosen trade through work experience and / or hobbies and interests.
- An overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility, and sustainable development.
- A strong desire to learn and develop a range of new skills associated with your chosen trade.
- Motivation to achieve individual and team goal and objectives with a willingness to actively contribute to attain results.
- Hold a current Australian Drivers License (Learner and Provisional accepted)
Prerequisites for 2020 Year 12 Leavers:
- Mechanical trades is a minimum Year 12 pass in Mathematics & English
- Electrical trades is a minimum Year 12 pass in Mathematical Methods (QLD) or Maths Advance (NSW), Physics, and English
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
The safety of BHP’s people and our candidates is our number one priority. Due to the unfolding circumstances of COVID-19 and the Government regulations in place to deal with the pandemic, your working location and/or roster as advertised in this advert may be temporarily subject to change whilst the government regulations are in place. This is to ensure the health safety of our workforce, and to implement effective social distancing measures. These changes if applicable will be discussed at screening and interview stage.
Application close 12PM AEST on Wednesday June 17th 2020. Please note late application will not be accepted.